PROBLEM SOLVING COURSE OVERVIEW
Problem Solving training includes skill development exercises in learning to apply problem-solving steps and tools, analyzing information to clearly describe problems, thinking creatively, contributing to a team, selecting the best approach for making decisions, creating an implementation plan, evaluating, and following up on findings; and to avoid joint decision making mistakes.
We are continuously confronted with problems that require us to make decisions. The number of competitors is increasing; businesses is globalizing new technology is being introduced at a rapid pace; the workforce is increasingly diverse disks there is a scarcity of certain resources, including highly skilled workers. There’s a transformation occurring from an industrial to knowledge-based ,society economics and market conditions are increasingly unstable, especially a global basis to meet those challenges and opportunities, the create businon ess is embarking creative problem solving and innovation as never before to achieve effective and efficient levels of creative problem solving and innovation which demands an organization must improve the creativity of his workgroups an individual, and it must create the right kind of organizational culture which will turn that creativity into innovation.
Gain confidence in assessing problems accurately, evaluating alternative solutions, and anticipating likely risks. Learn how to use analysis, synthesis, and positive inquiry to address individual and organisational problems and develop the critical thinking skills needed in today’s turbulent times. Using case studies and situations encountered by class members, explore successful models and methods that are readily transferable on the job.
You will learn scientific and proven methods used by thousands of successful organisations and management practitioners/ leaders to become better decision-makers. This course not just gives the methods but also helps you practice the same and evolve as a creative problem solver.
- Utilise employee potential to make better, faster decisions.
- Remove unconscious biases that could jeopardise organisational values.
- Obtain innovative ideas that will aid in the development of your organisation.
- Productivity has increased as a result of faster problem solving.
- To Solve the root issues rather than the surface issues.
- Develop a mindset of continuous learning and development and view problems as opportunities for intellectual stimulation.
- Employees who are creative problem solvers see problems as opportunities.
- Improved team building and morale as a result of practical problem solving.
- Knowledge of problem-solving methods aids in the improvement of interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to deal with workplace stresses/issues in a more creative/objective manner.
- Improve your analytical problem-solving skills.
- Improve your leadership abilities by utilising the talents of your team members.
- Improve your decision-making skills as you advance up the career ladder – an essential skill set for leaders.
- Creative problem solving distinguishes a good boss from a bad boss.
- Learn how to use these techniques to solve personal and organisational problems.
PROBLEM SOLVING LEARNING OUTCOME
- Learn and apply appropriate problem-solving and decision-making processes and methods.
- Identify common barriers to practical problem solving and decision making.
- Examine conceptual stumbling blocks and significant situational challenges that lead to poor decisions.
- Apply what you’ve learned to improve your leadership development and organisational performance.
- How to analyze information to describe problems clearly
- How to identify appropriate solutions
- Ways to think creatively and be a contributing member of a team
- How to select the best approach for making decisions
- How to create a plan for implementing, evaluating, and following up on decisions
- Ways to avoid common mistakes
- Label a problem to facilitate discussion and analysis
- Find a problem’s root cause
- Brainstorm optional solutions
- Evaluate optional solutions to decide on the most workable strategy
- Formulate an action plan to implement the chosen solution
- Apply the concept to real-life problems as they occur in the future.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
Managers, supervisors, and staff are responsible for developing new ideas and systems and those involved in problem solving and making and implementing critical decisions. This course is for those who believe that change and improved ways of working are the best way forward for the success of organisations.
Why is Creative Problem Solving needed?
What is a Problem ?
The Problem Solving Model
The Problem Solving Toolkit
In an ever-changing world, one thing is certain: there will always be problems to solve. Every day of your life, you deal with issues. You've probably honed a number of problem-solving abilities without even realizing it. For instance, let's say you have a report to write with limited resources and a tight deadline. You're well aware that you're in a precarious situation.
That's one problem-solving skill: recognizing the issue. Your choices are immediately considered.
Another problem-solving capability is coming up with a lot of different solutions.
Become a problem solver where you work, and you’ll make yourself an asset to your company
This Problem solving training covers practical understanding of the subject matter using case study role play and games to instill the assimilation.